Friday, September 30, 2011

Grey's Anatomy

What I hate about watching a show I love is when it is over, I am bummed I have to wait to watch the next episode.  Thursday night's episode of Grey's Anatomy was no exception.  The last two weeks have been good.  I have always enjoyed the show the most when they focus on the residents, their relationships, and their medicine.  Tonight we watched their first solo surgeries. George and Izzie came to mind a bit during this episode and how they would have responded as well. Even though Katherine Heigl wore on me towards the end of her run, I enjoyed Isobel Stevens during the first couple seasons she was on the show.  Anyway back to tonight's ep...
If you haven't watched on your DVR yet, STOP reading here.
L-this is for you.
The chief stepped down tonight and Owen Hunt became the new chief of surgery.  If looks could kill during that announcement, Bailey would probably be on trial for murder.  Her character continues to be one of my favorites.  She is stable and provides great drama but also some great comic relief.  At the end of the episode watching her and the Richard in the elevator was a perfect way to begin the week wrap up.
Kepner is a little bit scattered, and I am not sure how I feel about her.  She is still trying to get her residents to listen to her but they have other ideas.  Callie trying to comfort her about not surviving as chief reminds us how she didn't manage the leadership role well.  It also opens the door for a new chief resident maybe?
Karev continues his path of questionable acts tonight by turning down the pedo surgery and having horrible bedside manner, only to redeem himself in viewer's eyes by acting like he cares when it really matters.  There is a lot out there for Shonda to explore with his character.
Avery wimped out on his solo surgery because he let Arizona get to him.  He is the talented guy who is trying to figure out how to showcase his talent in my opinion.
Cristina gets into the fundamentals for real when we realize she really doesn't know how to do an appendectomy.  Clever way to incorporate the interns.  It was even better when Teddy didn't know either and a nurse had to prove the point that it doesn't take an MD degree to be a very valuable part of the team.  Cristina and Owen also seemed to be having problems dealing with Cristina's abortion.  They had awkward conversations and no idea how to act.  At show end, we see them finally click again after sharing some tainted spring rolls.  Is is just me or is Owen Hunt becoming a little more likable?
Meredith still has no news about Zola and Derek is pretty upset about everything.  Mer is concerned about their lack of communication affecting them in the OR.  She operated on a aneurysm with Derek and there were some tense moments, but all ended up ok. Derek even clapped for her at the end.  Outside of the OR, Meredith and Derek finally talked and he admitted that the things that he hates about her are the exact things he loves about her. He also said he is committed to the post it they had hanging on the wall.  Meredith decided that the her punishment should be to not work together so they can be together.  Still no word on the baby.
I am loving the Meredith/Cristina  dynamic this year.  I am excited to watch what happens with Bailey, hearing love triangle, and I am hoping for the best for Alex. Also, I just realized that there has been no Lexie the last two weeks, I was excited for the Sloan Lexie drama to continue but to be honest I haven't really noticed.  She will be back on the Oct 13th episode.  Anyone else miss her?   This is the quick rundown, I am sure there is a lot more to say but I gotta watch some more shows!  

No comments:

Post a Comment